Monday, October 6, 2008

Great Wall of Chocolate!

So, today is Priya's birthday. (Happy Birthday Priya!) In honor of her birthday, I figured I'd share my all-time favorite chocolate dessert. I'm usually not one to brag about chain restaurants, but I must admit, P.F. Chang's is one of my all-time favorites. Aside from the fantastic tofu lettuce wraps and the spicy chicken, they have...wait for it...the Great Wall of Chocolate. Since I don't have a picture that will do it justice, I found one on flickr here.

Yes, that's right. Six layers of rich chocolate cake and not-overly-sweet chocolate frosting. To accompany this piece of heaven-on-a-plate they provide you with raspberry sauce and fresh berries. What you do not see in the photo is the best part--the entire back (all six layers) is covered in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Amazing. In all fairness, since it is Priya's birthday, I will reveal that she actually prefers "Ruby's Famous Chocolate Cake" at Ruby Foo's, which is a combination of chocolate cake and chocolate mousse. We've already discussed how I feel about that combination, so she's just...well...wrong.

Happy Birthday again--love you! :-)

No comments: