Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

I made these Iced Pumpkin Cookies today. The can of pumpkin I just bought was calling my name--and it was begging me to mix it with cream cheese for another pumpkin cheesecake. My waist was saying otherwise, and I knew I had to use the can to make something quick. A girl only has so much will power when cream cheese, graham crackers and butter are so readily accessible.

The cookies. Are. Delicious. And half taste like cake, and I love cake.

This was the first time I didn't change the recipe! Well, okay, I just changed it a little bit. I used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup white (instead of all white), and threw in a tiny bit of allspice. And increased the other spices ever so slightly. And when I only had batter for about 12 cookies left, I threw in some mini chocolate chips.

Oh yeah, and I didn't put any butter in the icing. So I guess I did change the recipe--sue me. If you're reading my blog, you should know me by now. I can't follow recipes. I have a problem.

That being said, make the cookies. They are worth it!

PS- I ate one as soon as it came out of the oven, without icing. It takes like a pumpkin muffin top. Yum.

1 comment:

Priya said...

These are freakin' awesome. Another tip - make them small and that way you don't feel guilty eating 5 of them. I ate 5. No guilt.