Friday, May 29, 2009

Twenty Questions about Food!

I was sent this questionnaire, and found it very fitting. :-)

20 Questions for Food Lovers

1. How often do you eat out? About two times/week--usually a dinner, and maybe brunch on the weekends. I bring my lunch to work everyday, because Ash and I both start to feel sluggish if we eat out any more than that. Plus, I love to cook. (Especially b/c Ash does the dishes!)

2. Favorite restaurant? Currently, Sinigual. It changes every few months. I could live off of their fried ice cream. I'd be fat and die in 3 years, but I'd be happy. (Hence the above answer of not eating out more than two times/ week...) :-)

3. Favorite food? Nachos. Hands down.

4. What do you ALWAYS have in your fridge? Cilantro.

5. What do you ALWAYS have in your freezer? You mean other than ice cream? More ice cream.

6. Favorite spice? Cardamom.

7. Favorite herb? Cilantro.

8. What do you eat every day? At least 20 grams of fiber. At a minimum. (And not in supplements--in real, unprocessed food. In a pinch, I'll eat these bars. The chocolate brownie one is my favorite!)

9. Favorite fruit? The reddish ones. (Cherries, Watermelon, Raspberries, etc.)

10. Favorite vegetable? Potatoes. (Unless you get into the whole root veggies aren't vegetables debate, and in that case, broccoli.)

11. Favorite drink? Earl grey tea with milk and sugar.

12. Favorite comfort food? Creamy tomato soup (with lots of cream, butter and parmesan) in a bread bowl.

13. Favorite grocery store? Regularly? Whole Foods. But I LOVE visiting grocery stores when we travel. (Ash found this out the hard way--luckily I am married to a very patient man.)

14. Favorite dessert? Chocolate mousse. NOT chocolate mousse cake. Chocolate mousse.

15. Favorite appliance? I love all my appliances--maybe my coffee maker?

16. You can't cook without...? A really good knife.

17. You never...? Fry anything. I sprinkle on some olive oil and stick it in the oven instead.

18. Where do you get restaurant reviews? Menupages. But I give restaurants two chances.

19. Most disappointing meal? For the money? Tabla Bread Bar. For the name? Cilantro.

20. Best meal? Ferraro's in Maui. Everything about it was perfect.

2 comments:

Priya said...

How can your favorite appliance NOT be the freakin immersion blender?! They should seriously pay you for the number of people you convinced to buy that thing..mind you, I've used mine twice.

Neha said...

LOL--so true. I do love my immersion blender. If you'd get on the homemade soup bandwagon, you'd use it a lot more!!