Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wendy: "The Pit" in Raleigh, NC

My friend Wendy recently went down to Raleigh, and came back singing the praises of a restaurant called The Pit. In case anyone happens to be in the Raleigh, NC area, I'm posting her review below:

"If you are in Raleigh and want a great place to eat, The Pit is the place to go. I was in Raleigh last week and my high school sweetheart, Tim, took me there for dinner. The restaurant is homey and smells wonderful. We were told the wait would be about 30 minutes since we did not have a reservation, but before we got to the bar to wait we were greeted by an older gentleman who came over to welcome us. Apparently it was Ed Mitchell, the owner.

Talk about a southern gentleman! We sat at the bar, chatted with the staff, and before we knew it our table was ready!

We were seated in a booth and began to look at menu. So many choices! I had the meatloaf– who would have thought to put blue cheese on it? Actually, I love blue cheese, so perhaps I would have eventually gotten around to it, but it was so good! Tim got the triple combo– brisket, bbq and meatloaf. Each meal comes with two sides, and everything was delicious!

During the meal there was a man walking around playing the harmonica- peaceful and serene. It felt like I was on a porch in the south somewhere. Pure heaven!!

So if you get a chance to visit Raleigh– The Pit is the place to be!"


Thanks Wendy!

No comments: