Friday, March 5, 2010

Splitting the Blog

Lately I've found that my blog has become a jumble of everything--food, television, family, etc. So, I've made the decision to split this into two blogs--this one will remain "Cravings," and will focus on food. Recipes I like, restaurants I have strong feeling about, grocery items you have to try, etc.

The new one, that I haven't yet thought of a name for (suggestions, please!), will have everything else. Television rants, family stories, essentially everything that is not food related. Since this one will contain pictures and be much more personal, it will not be an open blog that will show up on search engines, so you'll have to know the address to view it. I've removed the link to my older blog (Priya & Vinny's wedding) from my profile (though the blog still exists), and the new one won't show up either. However, if you need the address for the former one, just let me know, and I'll send it to you. Once I publish the new blog, you'll also be able to reach it from there.

The reason behind the split? There are a LOT of people visiting this blog. I love it. I think people search for a restaurant on google, and my blog often comes up in the search results. (The number of people being directed from Google's search engine to this site is significant.) Though I am more than happy to share all my thoughts on food, there are some things I am less willing to share with people I don't know.

That being said, it only makes sense to split the blog. The posts that are not food related will slowly be deleted from Cravings, but will move onto the new blog.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: