Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Favorites of 2008

As this year comes to a close, I figured it'd be a good time to reflect on a few of my favorite things. (I can see you jumping out of your seat, yelling and crying with joy. Yes, it's Neha's favorite things entry!) Now, calm down and compose yourself. Since this is not Oprah, you won't be getting anything for free. However, if you are in the neighborhood of any of these restaurants, do yourself a favor and go--it's worth it!

Food Related:

Favorite dessert: Chocolate Mousse from Payard. Love, love love Payard. Love it.

Favorite alcoholic drink: Pomegranate Margarita (frozen, with salt) from Canyon Road (This is the only time Ash may have to hold my hand when we're walking home. Those suckers are deceivingly strong. And if you don't know already, I have self-control issues when good food is involved.)

Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity

Favorite frozen yogurt: Half coffee/ Half chocolate from Forty Carrots at Bloomingdale's

Favorite ice cream: Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from Friendly's (if you haven't tried Friendly's peanut butter sauce, you're missing out. I buy it by the pint when I go home. No joke.)

Favorite burger: 'Shroom Burger from Shake Shack

Favorite Mexican restaurant: Canyon Road, though the best mexican meal I've had this year was at a restaurant in Scottsdale that our friends took us to. La Cantina Laredo. (Thanks Ashish!)

Favorite Thai restaurant: Land (Nothing amazing, but a good won't-break-the-bank option.)

Favorite Italian restaurant: Pass. Haven't found one I am totally in love with. To be honest, I'm still a sucker for the salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden. And their fettucini alfredo is good too. So there. (Ash and I are trying a new place for dinner tonight--I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

Favorite Pizza: Thin Crust- Posto; Regular- Two Boots. I also enjoy John's before a Broadway show. So shoot me for choosing three spots--NYC has good pizza. Ooh, and for size, Koronet. Okay, four spots.

Favorite Indian restaurant: It's a tie between Amma and Tamarind. (NOT the chain Tamarind--the single one on East 22nd St. The chain one is blah.) Or Vatan for the full dining experience. Hey, it's my list, I can do whatever I want.

Favorite Chain restaurant: PF Chang's (though the Olive Garden is a close second)

Not Food Related:

Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother -- it is legen...wait for it...dary. (Yes, I know it's not a "new" tv show, but it's the first time I watched it. Absolutely hysterical. Ash and I laugh about things from that show for days.)

Favorite Movie: I didn't see a whole lot of movies this year, but Slumdog Millionaire probably clinches it for me. (Ash would root for The Dark Knight)

Favorite Event: Priya & Vinny's Wedding--the whole week long she-bang! (If you missed it, you can catch up on my old blog, located here.)

Favorite New Thing: A tie between two equally exciting things. Number one- Merrell shoes. I will never buy another brand. Ever. It's like I'm walking on air. (Everyone at work knows--I haven't taken my snow boots off for two weeks. My heels are still in my drawer.) Number two- fiber. (stop laughing!) Seriously, has changed my life. Everyone should eat more fiber--fiber rocks. Fiber One cereal--awesome. (Don't you dare give me that look--there are SO many more health benefits than just what is on your mind...)

Favorite Book: Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass LookBig, Or Why Pie is Not The Answer by Jen Lancaster (I actually loved the entire series, but this one was my favorite. I wrote a blog entry on them a short while ago-- click here if you missed it.) This leads right into...

Favorite Blog: Jennsylvania (Jen Lancaster's Blog) So, so funny. It always makes me laugh out loud.

Favorite Single Moment: Sitting on the couch with Ash, watching Obama give his acceptance speech. In one single moment, I felt hope, pride, relief and joy. Looking back, it still feels somewhat surreal.

Well, that's all.
::Lifting glass filled with Moscato D'Asti because I don't like champagne::
Here's to looking forward to 2009--hopefully it'll be a year filled with new experiences, new restaurants, and a new customized template for my blog. (Dan--help!!)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Dan said...

nice list. any new year resolutions? I haven't really thought much about mine.