Saturday, December 6, 2008

Why you should go to Las Vegas

Yes, I know I haven't posted in a while--November was a busy month. We had some friends visiting us from Chicago, it was Ash's birthday, and we went on vacation. We visited Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and Las Vegas.

Now, some people go to Las Vegas to gamble...we go to Las Vegas to, well, eat. If you're ever in that city, be SURE to drop by the Bellagio and visit the Jean Philippe Patisserie. After reading a bit in the restaurant, I found out that Jean Philippe was actually rated the best pastry chef in France! Aside from housing the largest chocolate fountain in the world, they have the most amazing crepes you'll ever eat. Mine was the "Chocolate Crepe"--a crepe with chunks of brownie, dark chocolate sauce, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I believe I got it 3 times during our 4 day stay in Las Vegas. Ash got a custom crepe with strawberries, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The pictures are below. (Yes, Ash couldn't wait to take a bite before I took the picture...)

I am going to work on finding a way to make them, but first I need a really good recipe for chocolate sauce. They sell the Jean Philippe one, but the whole no-liquids-in-your-carry-on really screwed me up. I'll keep you posted.


No comments: